2 cups gluten-free oat flour
¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. In a large bowl, add the oat flour, rolled oats, and applesauce.
3. In a separate small bowl, beat the egg. For all but 1 tablespoon of the egg over the flour mixture and set aside the remaining egg for brushing later.
4. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture until a dough forms. The dough should be tacky but not overly sticky. Add a bit more or less flour as necessary.
5. Take a two tablespoon-sized piece of dough (approximate) and roll into a tube roughly the width of a pencil.
6. To make the pretzel, position the tube into a U-shape, then twist the ends around each other once. Using your fingertips, press the two ends into the bottom of the U to secure.
7. Place the pretzels onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with the remaining egg.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
9. Allow to cool on a wire rack and let your pup enjoy!