A woman has shared her dogs’ hilarious reactions, after claiming they’d stolen the “edibles” out her purse.
Toya Geans shared a video to her TikTok page, @shi_chi_01, as she filmed her pets, named Khole and Kaori.
“Has anybody seen my edibles that was in my purse, on the island,” before adding “nope, nope, nope.”
The mutt on the left, thought to be Khole, has what appears to be a massive grin on their face, with the one on the right, believed to be Kaori, looking unsure, before pawing at the ground and lying down.
“She forgot she had legs,” Geans joked. Edibles is the term which usually refers to food products which “have been infused with marijuana,” according to the American Addiction Centers.
The video, shared late last month, was captioned: “When stealing finally goes bad for the thieves.”
It’s been watched more than 25 million times, and can be seen here, as people found the animals’ expressions hilarious.
Geans, who also shares snaps of her pets to their Instagram account, @baddest_pitbulls, wrote in the comments: “I don’t think they will be stealing food anymore!!”
While she added: “I think they may have learned their lesson.”
While TikToker Keeton asked about Kaori: “But why is the doggo on the right so sad.”
To which Geans explained: “She like to be in control. She don’t like it!”
Numerous people commented on the video, as Danielle Forrester noted: “This is a perfect example of how 2 peoples reaction on Eddies can be so different. one is happy chilling, the other is looking for way out of this.”
Hayley joked: “Just smile just smile she won’t suspect a thing!!!”
Brianna Wideman commented: “LOL they are fried.”
Andrae Griffin wrote: “One having the time of their life the other is struggling to remember how to be a dog lmao.”
While Samantha added: “One’s enjoying it, the other is having an anxiety attack.”
Geans later shared a follow-up video, which said in the on-screen captions: “Aftermath! Say ‘nope’ to drugs.”
“I’m glad they are ok,” Geans wrote in the video caption, as it showed the pair lying down in their crate, before lapping up bowls of water.
The American Addiction Centers added edibles can take many forms, including baked goods, candies, gummies, chocolates, lozenges and even drinks.
“Although smoking remains the most prevalent method of marijuana consumption, the ingestion of edibles is quickly becoming a popular way to take the drug,” their website said.
While Geans didn’t specify where she’s based, the recreational use of cannabis is legal in more than a dozen US states, including California, New York and Arizona, plus the District of Columbia.
In some states cannabis use is only permitted for medicinal purposes, or in other forms such as cannabidiol (CBD) oil, while it remains illegal in others.
It isn’t recommended for dogs to ingest cannabis, according to the VCA Hospital.
They explained: “Dogs have more cannabinoid receptors in their brains, which means the effects of cannabis are more dramatic and potentially more toxic when compared to humans. A small amount of cannabis is all it takes to cause toxicity in cats and dogs.
“A small amount may affect one pet more than another, so there is no official safe level of exposure. Differences in age, health status, and body size are some of the factors that can lead to toxicity differences.”
However, they noted cannabis intoxication is “seldom fatal,” adding: “The bottom line, when it comes to cannabis use and pets, is similar to that with other drugs in the home: Be careful. Keep all forms of cannabis, medical or recreational, out of reach of your pet.”
Newsweek reached out to Geans for comment.