Happy Tuesday, Irving! Here’s everything you need to know to start today off on an informed note.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly cloudy. High: 58 Low: 44.
Here are the top stories today in Irving:
- Mark your calendars for April 8. That’s when the City’s Special Events folks are organizing a Trivia Night at Heritage Park, complete with fun, facts and food. The event will feature two rounds: Test your knowledge of animation in the first round, and stick around for the second round if you have an affinity for weird facts. Click over to the announcement to get all the details. (City of Irving)
- Are you or someone you love at risk of foreclosure? The City of Irving announced that CARES Act funds are available for Dallas County homeowners that have fallen behind on housing-related bills, such as property taxes. Funds are limited, so people who require assistance should act quickly. Tap the link above to find out how to apply.
- Looking to upgrade your career? See who’s hiring in and around Irving at a rundown of this week’s newest job openings from the Irving Patch.
- Fort Worth’s Spring Gallery Night is coming soon. Patch shares some things to know to get prepped for the biannual event, scheduled for Saturday, March 26.
- A new industrial project kicked off in Grand Prairie recently. The incoming logistics facility, located 8 miles from DFW airport, will open at around 200,000 square feet later this year. (The Dallas Morning News; subscription required)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
- Yesterday was sure stormy but pool season is coming soon! Visit Irving, Texas, shares their warm-weather fantasy via Instagram.
- Are you new to DFW? Check out this primer for Texas weather, courtesy of WFAA.com. (Twitter)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs & services:
Loving the Irving Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
- Send me a news tip or suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Tuesday off right. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
— Ash DeMello