Hello, everybody! It’s Paula Constance, your host of the Bedford Daily — back in your inbox with all the most important things happening in Bedford today. Including news on…
- Win SNHU comedy show tickets.
- Celebrities you will see in New Hampshire.
- New co-working space is coming to Bedford.
But first, today’s weather:
Periods of sun. High: 73 Low: 52.
Our local sponsors have some great stuff to offer:
- Are you looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience matching buyers and sellers of luxury properties in Southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5-star reviews from clients, Marianna consistently produces results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at email@example.com.
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through advisory services and small business coaching. Whether you run a family-owned business, a medical or legal practice or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — and not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a great selection of high-quality pet foods and supplies, a full service grooming salon, a self-serve pet wash, pet boarding and even a doggie bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Ct. is locally owned and family operated — and their passion is your pet. Drop in with your furry friend today, or learn more here.
Click here to get your business featured in this spot.
Here are the top stories today in Bedford:
- Want to laugh? Superstar comedian Sebastian Maniscalco is coming to New Hampshire, and you can win tickets to the show. One of the stops on his “Nobody Does This Tour,” is at SNHU Arena in Manchester Sunday, Dec. 4. And there’s more good news. New Hampshire’s WOKQ is giving away tickets as an early holiday present. How can you win? Just download their app to enter. Find out more here: (wokq.com)
- Speaking of comedians, don’t forget our own Sarah Silverman from Bedford. She’s one of the celebrities you are likely to see in New Hampshire. Silverman is on the WOKQ’s list of celebrities who often visit. Here are a few fun facts: Silverman was born in Bedford and raised in Manchester. Did you know that she performed her first stand-up comedy show in Boston at the age of 17? She also loves ice cream from The Puritan (who doesn’t?) and likes the Red Arrow Diner. (Youtube)
- Coworking is making a comeback. Companies downsized and many workers opted for remote work when the pandemic hit. But now, more employees are returning to in-person work and are looking for flexible office spaces, suites and shared co-working spaces. IWG, a global flexible-workspace network with customers including Cisco, Uber, and Microsoft, “added 2 million new members over the past year” and they are expanding their smaller locations to US towns like Kodak, Tennessee, and our own Bedford, New Hampshire. The next time you head to the office, it just may be a new shared office or suite in Bedford. (FastCompany)
Today in Bedford:
- Parent-Student-Teacher Conference – Bedford High School (3:00 PM)
- Cozy Knit Blanket Workshop (6:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- Check out the BAC Fall Jamboree Oct. 29: “BAC Rec’s Fall Jamboree is Saturday, Oct. 29, at Sportsman Field – 30 Nashua Road, Bedford.” (Bedford Athletic Club via Facebook)
- Sneak peak at new projects: “Sneak peek of this NEW project coming soon! 😍” (The Canvas Road Show via Facebook)
- This is Fire Prevention Week: “October 9th through October 15th is Fire Prevention Week. NFPA is celebrating 100 years of educating children and adults on how to stay safe in the event of a fire.” (Bedford Fire Department, NH via Facebook)
- K9 officer is raising money for a good cause: “K9 Officer Joseph Wilhelmy is stepping up to fight breast cancer with all he has to raise money and awareness through Real Men Wear Pink. Breast cancer has also affected his family, his mother was diagnosed with breast cancer several yea…” (Bedford NH Police Department via Facebook)
- Positive thoughts for the week: “Happy Monday! Never underestimate how strong you are💪. Believe in yourself and everything else will follow!” (Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re caught up for today! I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow with another update.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is a contributing writer, author, and award-winning media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. When she’s not writing, you can find her hiking or watching fireflies in the sultry moments before sunset. You can follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org