Hello Roswell! I’m here in your inbox this morning to tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on in town. Hope you all have a great day. Here’s the lowdown…
First, today’s weather:
A t-storm around in the pm. High: 88 Low: 70.
Here are the top five stories in Roswell today:
- Dr. Sylvia Morris is warning metro Atlanta and Fulton County residents about heat exhaustion as temps rise across. Dr. Morris appeared on WABE’s “Closer Look” to talk about the risks of prolonged heat exposure. Temperatures in Roswell this weekend will be in the high 80s with high humidity. (WABE 90.1 FM)
- Are you searching for your perfect home in Roswell? Every week, Patch and Redfin compiles a list of all the homes that have recently hit the market. Visit Patch to see the five new home listings in the Roswell area. (Roswell Patch)
- Summer is the best time to bring a furry friend into your family! Patch and Petfinder have created a list of all the dogs, cats, and other pets available for adoption in Roswell. To see pictures and pet details, visit Patch. (Roswell Patch)
- On Wednesday, an explosion at a medical marijuana plant in Fulton County sent five people to the hospital. The explosion occurred around 1:30 pm along North Hess Road in Waterfall early in the afternoon. Investigators are still determining the cause of the explosion. (Fox8)
- Officials have confirmed that a fire that destroyed part of a Chastain Park playground in Fulton County was intentionally set. The first was set on May 14th and destroyed Summer’s Treehouse. No one was injured in the fire and no arrests have been made in connection to the arson. (11Alive.com WXIA)
From our sponsor:
Are you a Roswell resident looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they’d invest $100,000 right now, and many of them had the same answer: fine art.
Thinking you can’t afford a Picasso? Well in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securitization of artwork. A company called Masterworks.io built the largest platform for buying and selling art securities. In the past, you could only buy shares of companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
Meaning, you can invest in shares of million-dollar artwork. And in uncertain times, it turns out, fine art may be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation to stocks according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically returns 23.2% when inflation is >3%
- Contemporary art prices outpaced the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
To learn more, visit Masterworks.io, where Roswell Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
See important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Roswell:
- $2.00 Summer Family Flicks: The Croods 2 At Aurora Cineplex (10:00 AM)
- Bytes & Brews At Computer Museum of America (5:30 PM)
- Ladies Night Out At Sanctuary Night Club (9:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Do you recognize this person? On May 27th just after 7pm, they were seen on a private dash camera walking back and forth around a vehicle at Willeo Park. When the owner returned, they found damage to their windows consistent with the use of a window punch tool.
If you can identify this person or have any additional information about this case, please contact the Roswell Police Department. (Roswell Police Department via Facebook)
- The Atlanta Braves’ World Champion Trophy Tour made a stop in Roswell at last week’s Alive In Roswell! Thanks to everyone for coming out, and special thanks to the Braves for sharing the excitement with us! (City of Roswell, Georgia Government via Facebook)
- Fulton County recently mailed property tax assessment notices, and we have heard from some residents who are concerned about the increase in their assessment and what they are seeing reported as their estimated taxes. For more information visit their website here. (City of Roswell, Georgia Government via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Bytes & Brews (2022 Series) (June 24)
- THE BROTHERS COMATOSE at from the Earth’s Back Porch Concert Series! (June 24)
- Atlanta Canada Fest!!! presented by Hafeez Fazal & Register Financial (June 25)
- LiveLOUD Concert on The Green at Crabapple Market (June 25)
- NEW SENSATION The American Tribute to INXS at FTE’s Back Porch! (June 25)
- Financial Coaching: Financial Keys for Success & FREE GAS for 4th of July Travel (June 30)
- North Point Young Adults Field Day (June 30)
- Add your event
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Friday. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with your next update!
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, copy editor, and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.